Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Esty Shop

Finally...After an entire summer of saying I was going to do it, I've finally gone and done it!! My shop, Daisy*Kisses, is finally up and running on Etsy.com. I am just sooo excited, and really quite relieved. You can find it by clicking here http://www.daisykisses.etsy.com, or it will always be in the sidebar under My Other Pages.



For the past few months its been somewhat frustrating every time someone would ask me "So what are you doing these days" and I would explain what I was working towards, but I felt like I had nothing to show for it. Now I can finally say I make and sell jewelry (and soon other handicrafts), and then easily direct them to my shop website.



Hopefully you like what I have to offer. I absolutely love the creative process of finding neat pieces to work with, and then putting them together into something wearable. Some of my pieces use chain, and lots of it, others use recycled jewelry from broken or unwanted pieces, and others use silk cording. I'd have to say the silk cording is my favourite media to work with, as it seems to be something you don't see much.



It really has so much potential though, for both casual and fancier jewelry. I wanted to get all my jewelry posted first, and perhaps in the coming weeks I'll start posting some of the other things I've made. Now that all this jewelry is ready to go, I'm eager to start working on the next batch. What sells first or gets favourites will be a good indicator of what ya'll (that's right I said it) are looking for, and while I will try and cater to the market, I still want to be creative and make sure that my pieces are inspiring to me as well! Thank you for all of your support in reading my blog and encouraging me towards accomplishing this dream of mine!



xx

Katrina

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on opening your shop !
    I totally get you, when you are working on a project and it seems like you will never end... but, there you are !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes. Your shop looks great! I look forward to what you have coming in the future too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your shop! Etsy is so much fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so very very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous. You are a fabulous person in every single way. You continue to amaze me and make me want to do more. You inspire me Katrina M.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate the time you take to view my blog and leave a little comment. I promise I read each one, and they mean a lot to me. Come again soon.