Sunday, December 20, 2009

magic dress


Do you have a dress, a pair of shoes, a hat or whatever, that just feels magical? You put it on and feel like nothing can go wrong, that you look perfect every time you wear it? That's what this dress does for me. It comes out of the closet only once a year, usually at Christmas parties. But I had the desire to wear it to church today, for our special Christmas program.
I love this dress. I inherited it from a woman who had been one of my mother's elderly clients. This dress is vintage, circa 1950. The ornate beadwork on the front and back are positively amazing to behold. The craftsmanship and quality of the dress are beautiful, and when I wear it I feel just so darn good!
It used to be an ankle length cocktail gown, but Mum altered and hemmed it to be knee length for me instead. It was the only modernization I could do, the rest of the dress is perfection on its own and simply not to be tampered with.
So what about you? Do you have something that feels special every time you wear it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate the time you take to view my blog and leave a little comment. I promise I read each one, and they mean a lot to me. Come again soon.