Monday, December 14, 2009

truffles

So truffles are one of those awesome sweets that I only get the opportunity to indulge in once a year. So this year I decided to make my own, and document it to share with you. You may experience excessive mouth watering by the end, just a warning.



First gather your ingredients. For this recipe it was : 1/3 c. whipping cream, tsp vanilla, 3 tbsp butter (softened), 3 tbsp sugar and 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate.




Bring butter, sugar and whipping cream to a boil. Stir often.


Once it begins to boil, quickly remove from heat, stir in vanilla and chocolate. Keep stirring, the chocolate will melt in and the mixture will become shiny & smooth.




Now time to refrigerate it for at least 4 hours. The thing about truffles is that as you touch them, they soften up, so you have to work fast, keeping what you don't need in the fridge, and returning what you do use, back to the fridge.


Now portion out and roll into balls. It should only take a roll or two to get a ball. It'll start to stick to your hands and melt, so work fast and don't touch it too much


Choose your coating. I like sprinkles, especially festive ones.



Roll the truffle balls in the sprinkles. The recipe also suggested you could use crushed wafer, crushed nuts, or coconut as other options. It also said dip them in melted chocolate. I tried that and failed...as the chocolate (even once cooled) still melted the truffle. Fail. I will need to figure that one out.


Voila!! Tasty chocolate truffles to share with all your friends and family who pop by for the holidays. Or to just binge on yourself....whichever. I promise they're good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate the time you take to view my blog and leave a little comment. I promise I read each one, and they mean a lot to me. Come again soon.